The deadline for you to complete your portfolio for consideration for a 2017 Baker Artist Award is Monday, January 23rd at 5:00PM. This section contains important information and tips for you to consider before the deadline. Please read this message in its entirety.
1) Deadline process: Unlike previous years, the new website will NOT lock you out at the deadline. Instead, a cloned copy of your portfolio will be made at 5:00PM on Monday 1/23. This means that you can continue to work on your public portfolio 365 days a year, but whatever state your portfolio is in at deadline time will be frozen in time and reviewed by the judges.
Please note: Even if your portfolio is set to "Hidden from public view, your portfolio will be adjudicated. If you do not wish to have your portfolio live or judged, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.orgO
2) Work Samples: Artists working in all disciplines other than Visual Arts are required to submit up to four work samples. Work samples can be added at the very top of your "Edit Portfolio" page. Up to four Work Samples of varying length may be submitted but must not exceed a limit of ten minutes or 15 pages in total. [For example; (5) two minute samples, or (1) ten minute sample OR (3) five page samples, or (1) 15 page sample, etc. Additional instructions can be found on the "Help" page. If your Work Sample exceeds the limit, we guarantee that judges will review the first 10 minutes or 15 pages of your work included in this section. Visual Artists are also encouraged to submit Work Samples, though this will not affect adjudication.
3) Site-wide Thumbnail Image: Though we are currently working on a new field for you to choose your site-wide image, as the site currently stands, the first image in your portfolio (not work samples) will represent you across the site. Please make sure your first piece of media in your first project is an image, and not a video, music or text file.
4) Background Image: By default, the background on your portfolio will display as blue, but the new website allows for artists to set their own background image. You can see an example on our test page here. To set the background of your portfolio, click "Edit Portfolio" and scroll to the last option, "Background Image" to change this image. This can be a representational image of your work, a solid color, pattern, etc.
5) Help Desk: We are doing our best to manage the abundance of Help Desk requests in a timely manner. Below you will find out help desk schedule for the next four days:
-Thursday, January 19th, 9AM - 5PM via phone or email
-Friday, January 20th - Sunday, January 22nd via email only. No Phone Help available. We will respond within 12 hours.
-Monday, January 23rd, 9AM - 5PM via phone or email
We can be reached at email@example.com or 410-230-0200
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or peruse the rest of this Help Page.